Christmas is the perfect time of year to spend time with your family. It’s also a great time to spend with your extended family. Staying with your siblings and their children helps make the festive season extra special. It’s so much fun watching all the kids playing together, and it’s wonderful to be able to catch up with everyone. Of course, you can’t turn up empty handed. Gift giving is a big part of what Christmas can be about, so here are our top five ideas for the kids this season:
- Clothing – Every parent dreads those regular shopping expeditions for clothing as their children grow. They’ve barely worn the last set of clothes that maxed out the credit cards and already need something new. Sometimes nothing lasts even two seasons! Parents often have to shop out of necessity when it comes to practical clothing. Buying something fashionable is not often their priority but can be yours. Check out Jack and Jill Kidswear and other kids’ designers for the latest trends in children’s fashion.
- Books – These days, many kids have gadgets and devices for eBooks. Buying digital copies of great children’s literature also saves the parents having to find more space for the paper copies. There are several ways you can do this. You can purchase a voucher for the kids to choose the books themselves. Or you can use the Give As A Gift function when you checkout at the Kindle store. There has never been such a great choice for kids’ books in this form, and the parents will love that they are reading more.
- Education – Many parents stipulate that gifts should be educational at Christmas. This is a great idea to help make learning fun. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to do it. For those who love their tablets, you can find hundreds of great apps in the Kids department. Many provide useful learning experiencing. From learning the alphabet to mastering coding, apps can help. In the toy stores, you can find robot building kits and other science experiments. Many kids enjoy playing with things like Snap Circuits to help them learn more about electronics.
- Getting Active – Getting your kids to be more active can be a challenge in some cases. But you can help out by choosing a gift that gets them out in the garden or at the park having fun. Scooters are definitely the mainstay of kids activity toys. But there are many more options. Cycling and BMX bikes are still very popular. This is in part thanks to the increase in skate parks available. Ride-on toys are great fun for young kids too. Some are remote-controlled, but go-karts using pedal power are a great way to get kids out and having fun.
- Music – Many music teachers are offering gift vouchers for private instrumental lessons this season. Most instruments are also available cheaply in beginner outfits. It’s best to pick something the child has expressed an interest in before. You can then choose to buy a student instrument, or some taster lessons to see if the child has an ability. Most music lessons provide valuable skills and musicianship. These can then be transferred to any other instrument.
Gift giving is often the best part of the Christmas season for children. Make your gift appreciated by kids and parents alike this year.